Where you can find it: Department stores (JcPenney, Macy’s, Belk, Dillards, Nordstrom), Sephora, or Clinique.com
Alright so I originally wanted this product because my friend told me she uses this and she no joke has crazy long lashes. I sat next to her in Calculus class and like the first day of class I was like “Oh my gosh what kind of mascara do you use?” Haha But yea so I finally bought this about a week ago. This product is so unique because of the brush! Look how cool it is! It’s actually surprising; when you take the wand out of the tube, somehow mascara does not get on the back side of the wand; like it is completely still green. But the bristles will be covered in product so that’s good! Oh I also want to mention that I have short/ medium lengthed eyelashes. Okay so now here are some pros and cons about this mascara.
- Does a decent job separating lashes and is not clumpy. Sometimes it will clump a few lashes together but nothing that can’t be fixed easily.
- Size of bristles are small so you can get that flared out look by focusing your strokes on the outer edge of your lashes.
- It does add some length.. but not as much as I would like.
- Bristles are stiff so is easy to work with.
- Easy to get off because it is not waterproof. This is nice because when it smudges or you mess up, you can just get a bit of water on a towel and wipe it off easily without having to scrub.
- You must be very very careful with this product because the bristles are so short. I’m really scared of hitting my upper water line or eye with the wand.
- It is pretty time consuming to put on this mascara because you have to be careful.
- It does not lengthen as much as I would like.
- It gets a little flaky towards the tips of your lashes if your wand starts drying out during the application.
- Since it is a one-sided brush, it can be hard to tell if the bristles are really going through your lashes or just on top of them.
- There is no waterproof version of this mascara! That is really sad for me because my eyes water when I yawn and I tend to sweat a lot so I need a waterproof version! (When I bought the mascara, I was so excited that I forgot to ask the lady if it was waterproof. I may not have gotten it if I had known.)
- It’s very messy! The formula doesn’t dry very fast so it tends to smudge when I blink right after I apply it.
Here are some before and after pictures. Sorry I have no makeup on whatsoever and these were taken in the morning. Haha So you can imagine why they look rough.
After: (Sorry I know it looks like my eyeballs are bulging out but they’re not. I just have to do that with my eyes to make the lashes visible since I sorta have a slight monolid.
Conclusion: Okay for me, I will not be repurchasing this product. Which is sad, because I had pretty high expectations for this. I will still finish the tube that I bought though since it did cost almost $15. I brought this to work and people wanted me to show them what it looked like and they could see some lengthening to my lashes, but it’s not as much as I would of liked. I think the length after this mascara is not very noticeable. For example, in my third “after picture” it’s really hard to tell that I even have the mascara on. I have tried better lengthening mascaras and I know there are better ones out there. Oh it is also very annoying for me that this mascara is not waterproof. I have to layer Maybelline’s Waterproof Colossal Volum’ Express Mascara over it so that it doesn’t smear all over my face; it actually worked pretty well. I would only get this if I had longer lashes already and wanted to lengthen them. Which doesn’t really make sense because why would you want to lengthen your already long lashes? Lol But yea idk it works on my friend and I don’t know if she already has long lashes or not but it didn’t work on me, sadly. So based on my experience, I do not recommend this mascara.