Many of you by now have probably seen Lea Michele’s commercials for L’Oreal’s new line of products called “Advanced Haircare”. I got my hair dyed ombre back in August (click here to see the post) so thought a color vibrancy shampoo would be perfect since I want my color to last as long as possible!
I’m going to review the L’Oreal Color Vibrancy Shampoo & Conditioner today. I have been using it every day for about a month now. This shampoo and conditioner is included in one of the five product sets from the new “Advanced Haircare” line. Here are the pros & cons!
- You get so much product per bottle and for a great price! I believe I bought each bottle from Target for around $5 and there is 25.4 fl oz of product in each one (compared to ~12 fl oz of your average shampoo bottle!)
- Maintains the color in my hair and keeps it from fading!
- Makes my hair feel healthy and clean
- Keeps my hair from getting oily for at least a day and a half
- The conditioner detangles my hair
- Has a slight chemical smell to it that sometimes I can taste in my mouth (no, I am not eating my shampoo). It would be nice if it had a better scent to it.
- Wish it had more of a smoothing effect for my hair in addition to the cleaning effect.
Overall I do like this product and the results it gives me! I think it is more of a functional product thought than one for enjoyment since it doesn’t smell amazing. As you can see, there are more pros than cons so if it has the qualities of what you’re looking for, then you should try it out! I think I also will try other products from L’Oreal’s new advanced haircare line!
Let me know if you’ve tried any of the new products from L’Oreal and what you thought of them!