Hey everyone! This month I decided to jump on the bandwagon and see what Birchbox was all about. If you aren’t familiar with the company, you pay a monthly subscription and receive a box filled with 4-5 sample goodies from a range of different brands. If you like those products you can go to Birchbox’s website and order full sizes of them. You can pay $10/ month each month or sign up for an entire year for $110. There is also a box for men you can order but it is $20/ month.
The fun thing about Birchbox is that it feels like Christmas every time you receive a package from them. You don’t know what’s inside but you know it’s going to be good. Also, can we look at this box.. it is adorable! I definitely intend to use this to store my makeup in my drawers or reuse the box for a gift.. it’s just too cute. Here is what I received in my box and more thoughts on the subscription.
In my box:
- Benefit Roller Lash Mascara– full size cost: $24- This product was awesome to receive because it isn’t even on sale until the 27th!
- Cynthia Rowley Beauty Creamy Lip Stain in “Heartthrob”– full size cost: $20- Love this shade!
- Essential Elements Wake Up Rosemary Body Lotion– full size cost: $19- Smells a bit too strongly like eucalyptus- my friend said it smelled like vapor rub to her. I don’t want to smell like this all day.
- Harvey Prince Petaly Noir Fragrance– $55- I love this scent! I personally like more cologne-y smelling perfumes and if anyone remembers “Black Amethyst” from Bath and Body Works, it sort of smells like that.
- Dr Scheller Argan Oil Hand Care– $12- The full size of this hand cream came in the box! I really like it- it’s thick & smells like tea.
Overall, I am very happy with this box. I may keep my subscription for about three months just because I love being surprised but don’t really need a load of new products each year.
Birchbox is a great way to discover new products though and gather products to travel with. Birchbox receives an A+ for packaging as well, that’s for sure. Try out this service if you are looking to expand your beauty collection or just want to try out new things!
Tag me on a picture on instagram if you posted your February Birchbox! @emsies_emily