Hello everyone! Last month, I worked with Hannah Lozano to shoot some pics of a winter outfit (see post here)! What most of you probably didn’t know is that the curls in the post were actually made by using a straightener instead of a curling iron! I’m so excited to teach you how to curl your hair with your straightener today! Here is the guide as well as some reasons why you should learn this skill:
- Using a straightener gives you more natural looking curls that look less like ringlets then when you use a curling iron
- You can pack lighter when you travel because you will only have to bring one tool instead of two
- If you already have a straightener then you could save money by not buying a curling iron
1. Turn on your flat iron & set it on your usual heat setting. Apply heat protectant spray as well & then clamp your hair in your straightener like you usually would.The top of your straightener can be thought of as side A and the bottom will be side B.
2. Begin flipping your flat iron towards your head until Side B is on top and Side A is on the bottom.
3. Pull the straightener down until you’re at the end of the strands of hair. So easy right?
Repeat steps 1-3 for your whole head and you’re done!I hope you found this post helpful! Hannah and I both loved the way my curls turned out! I do this trick all the time as well since it’s so easy! Tweet me or tag me in an Instagram pic if you end up trying this! Also, thanks to Hannah for helping me shoot these pics- I definitely recommend her if you’re looking to take some photos soon!
Have a lovely week! XO