I’m so excited to finally share with you all my girl’s guide to NYC! You might be thinking “Emily, you live in Atlanta, how are you confident that you know enough about NYC to do a “guide”?” Have no fear, I worked every week in NYC for 10 months (yes flying back & forth between cities) & also consistently still go back. Although there are SO many places I love in NYC, this is my list of my all-time favorite spots! These are the spots that if someone asked me to go right now, I would go in a heartbeat. I also included some extras in here just to make your trip in the best city in the world even better! 😉
Where to eat
La Sirena Ristorante– Mario Batali’s restaurant- delicious Italian food!
Ruby’s Café– (left pic) Australian restaurant I constantly crave
Balthazar– two words: steak frites
Rocking Horse– get the guac & margs for sure!
Souvlaki GR– (middle pic) the design looks like Mykonos & everything is delicious without breaking the bank (the prettiest one is in LES)!
Raclette– (right pic) this is the melted cheese wheel place you’ve seen on Buzzfeed! The smell when you walk in takes a second to get used to but the food is worth it!
Ipanema– Brazilian restaurant with a dish called the Bitoque which is so delicious! It’s a NY strip served with potatoes, a garlic sauce, and a fried egg!
By Chloe– left- Amazing vegan food!
Cava– Think of it as a Mediterranean chipotle!
Sosta– right- The sosta mista (aka meat and cheese board) & the Zucca Vodka Pasta made me SO HAPPY! My mouth is watering right now
Dig Inn– My go-to order is the lemon chicken on greens with sweet potatoes and mac and cheese. YUM
Hotel Chantelle– above pic- unique brunch dishes like breakfast pizzas AND the best drink deal aka a HUGE sangria punch bowl that serves ~10 people for just $38!
Juliette– the croque monsieur is my favorite! I love the nature-y decor too!
Tiny’s– is a tiny pink place & is the coziest spot
Butcher’s Daughter– plant-based restaurant, cafe, juice bar & “vegetable slaughterhouse”
Le Barricou– A cute Brooklyn spot with a delicious croque madame and huge pancakes (I’m getting the pancakes next time for sure)
Citizens of Chelsea- Left– Australian cafe with avocado toast on sourdough served with a poached egg, feta, and beet hummus!
Union Fare– Right- serves a variety of toasts for $4! The avocado one & the almond butter ones are my favorite!
Maison Kayser– I love this place so much. The chocolate plie’s are a MUST. The ham & cheese baguette sandwiches are my go to’s as well when I’m hungover Lol.
Prince St Pizza– PEPPERONI SQUARES, you need them in your life! It’s not NY style (it’s sicilian) but who cares b/c it’s amazing! (photo cred: roadfood.com)
Best Acai Bowl:
Liquiteria– The PB one is my jam. It’s also made with apple cider yummm
Greecologies– Makes their own greek yogurt & has a variety of toppings you can add! It makes the perfect snack during the day! They also serve lattes which are delicious!
Best Indian Food:
Russ & Daughters– Any lox bagel here is incredible! I ordered mine with capers, onions, and the veggie spread! (photo cred: adamkidan.org)
Katz Deli– My family loved this place! Best pastrami sandwich I’ve ever had! It’s a bit of a mess inside with the long lines but it’s worth it!
Where to get something sweet:
Do Cookie Dough– left pic- So creamy & incredible!! Just be ready to wait in line!
Big Gay Ice Cream– The chocolate soft serve is my favorite!!
Dough Doughnuts– right pic- Sooo much bread. The dulce de leche is my favorite!
Where to drink (Non-alcohol):
Best Coffee Shops:
Irving Farm Roasters– coffee & the breakfast croissant sandwiches are bomb here!
Bluestone Lane– Australian cafe where you can get great coffee & vegemite toast!
Best Chai Tea:
The Bean– warning it is really sweet & rich but it’s like a hug Lol
Best Matcha Latte:
Grace Street Cafe– The Matcha Chai Latte & the Jasmine Matcha Latte are great!
Best Afternoon Tea:
Pressed Juiciery– I love the green juices, roots3, & chocolate almond drink! This is the cheapest place too I’ve found to do a juice cleanse (6 juices+2 waters= $49)!
Where to drink (Alcohol):
Best Rooftop bars:
Press Lounge- top right– Pricey drinks but a gorgeous view!
Le Bain- Has a dance floor and big rooftop area with great drinks!
Rooftop 93– bottom right-Best view in my opinion! You get a 270 view including the Empire State & World Trade Center!
230 & 5th ( in the winter)- left pic- In the winter they have little plastic igloos & red robes to keep you warm! Makes a cute pic!
Best dancing bar:
Brass Monkey– always plays such fun music and has 3 (4?) levels (one of which is a patio)!
Ghost Donkey– They have mezcal drinks (as well as non-mezcal ones) & even a drink with a popsicle in it! The lights inside are mesmerizing!
Best Beer Garden:
The Standard Biergarten
- Biking the westside trail + Brooklyn Bridge
- Exploring Chelsea Market
- Walk along Brooklyn Bridge Promenade (gorgeous view of the skyline!)
- Smorgasburg (get food at the stands and then eat in the park 🙂 )
- Broadway Bites or Madison Square Eats (pop-up food stands that are great to get food from all over the city and people watch!)
- Shopping in Soho
- Go see the Friends and Carrie Bradshaw apartments!
- Go to a Broadway show!
- Picnic in Central Park
Best places/ things to take pics of for Instagram
- Panna ii- This restaurant is incredibly overwhelming FYI lol but it’s worth going to once just to see all the decorations! There are imitation restaurants all next to it. If you are facing the building, go into the restaurant at the top right for the real Panna ii.
- Top of the Rock– I haven’t been but every pic I’ve seen looks gorgeous! (photo cred: British Airways)
- Taiyaki– These ice creams are as good as they look!
- Cha Cha Matcha– A pink spot with great matcha lattes, soft serve, & cute decor!
- Loopy Doopy– They have popsicles in champagne (FYI they are $22)!
- Pietro Nolita– An all pink Italian restaurant!! *heart eyes*
- Coffee Project– Get the deconstructed latte!
- Amorino– Gelato in the shape of flowers!
Where to Stay:
- 11 Howard- So cozy & chic!
- Yotel- Not the most central location; however the decor is so eclectic & I loved the common area & the patio view of the city!
- Renwick Hotel- A quirky boutique hotel by Hilton with lots of space
- Airbnb’s– I’d suggest looking for ones in Nolita or the Flatiron area since there is so much to do nearby those areas!
Best songs to listen to while walking around the city:
(I have tested all of them out and they all made me smile LOL)
- New Romantics by Taylor Swift
- Welcome to New York by Taylor Swift
- Line of Sight ft. Odesza
- Empire State of Mind by Jay Z ft. Alicia Keys
I hope you all enjoyed this post!! I worked really hard on it and want yall to have the best NYC experience possible! Leave me your favorite spots in the comments!